Update: JAN 2021
The Fit Pit is curently closed. As national and local restrictions are lifted, we will update our Facebook page to notify all customers of the guidelines. Until thn, stay safe and take care.
The following must be read and adhered to by everyone using The Fit Pit facilities. If you need any help or have any questions about this guidance, please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to help.
Following the government’s recent announcement we will reopen our doors from Wednesday 02 December 2020. We have made every effort to ensure we reopen in the safest way possible for both our staff, our customers and the communities we live in. It will be the responsibility of everyone using the facilities to do so in line with this guidance. Failure to do so could increase the risk of spreading Covid-19, and will result in membership termination.
All memberships will restart automatically on the 02 December. We have added the time we have been closed onto everyone’s membership that expired after 05 November 2020.
Our new opening hours - gym
In order to create bubbles and increase time available for cleaning, The Fit Pit will be open on an appointment only basis. Each slot will last for 1 hour. Slots can be booked via telephone only (01773 821676). Please do not e-mail, text or use Facebook messenger. This information will be stored securely in line with GDPR requirements for 3 weeks. During this time, if someone in your bubble confirms they have tested positive for Covid-19, you will be contacted in line with Track and Trace procedures.
To book your slot, please call 01773 821676. Your welcome to call anytime, but we may not be available to answer your call. If this is the case, please leave a message leaving your name, membership number and a phone number to contact you on.
The slots are as follows:
Monday – Friday 7am – 8am
8:15 – 9:15am
9:30 – 10:30am
10:45 – 11:45am
12:00 – 1pm
4:00 – 5:00pm
5:15 – 6:15pm
6:30 – 7:30pm
7:45 - 8:45pm
Saturday – Sunday 10:00 – 11:00am
11:15am – 12:15pm
The maximum capacity is 25 for the main gym area and tone zone.
Not all facilities will reopen
The following facilities will remain closed:
- Café (except for takeaway drinks)
- Changing rooms and showers
- Pool table
- Exercise Studio for adult exercise classes
How will it all work – before, during, after
Before you come to the Fit Pit you will need to:
- Ensure you are well and that you, and others you’ve been in contact with, aren’t showing any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 or been contacted by Track and Trace and told to self isolate,
- Have booked your session via phone, giving your name and membership number or phone number for non-members
- Washed or sanitised your hands
- Are dressed in clean gym clothing (there will be no changing facilities or showers)
- Have with you only your keys, phone, medication (e.g. inhaler) and full water bottle (you will need to keep these with you at all times)
- Take off any gloves you are wearing
- Have a face covering if you feel it is appropriate – this will not be enforced and is personal choice
On arrival you will need to
- Arrive no more than a few minutes before you’re slot and queue along the front of the building, until the door (main door with ramp excess) is opened. You must not enter the building by any other door or until you are invited to do so.
- Queue 2m apart on the ramp and wait at the bottom of the ramp to be called to the reception area.
- When asked to come to Reception, give your name so you can be signed in, purchase any water/bars you require and sanitise your hands. If your membership needs renewing, you may be asked to step to one side, while other customers are signed in. At this time you can also book in future sessions.
- Your temperature will be taken. If it is high, you will be asked to leave and advised to get a Covid-19 test.
- You will be given a cloth, this is yours for the duration of your session. This is to enable you to wipe down any surfaces you have touched, and equipment you use, both before and after use.
During your visit you will need to
- Keep 2m apart from staff and customers
- Follow the arrows to ensure a one way system is used as much as possible
- Only use the toilets in the café area
- Regularly wash or sanitise your hands (stations will be positioned throughout)
- Wipe down all equipment, including benches, dumbbells, and bars before and after use with the cloth you’ve been provided. Viral Plus will be available at sanitising stations throughout
- Spotting is not permitted
- Use of equipment with ‘Do not use’ signs is not permitted
- Use of gloves is not permitted
- Pay attention to the signs, helping you to understand the requirements
At the end of your slot you will need to
- Leave promptly by the exit using the stairs next to the cafe (this will give us time to clean down between sessions)
- Place your used cloth in the bins provided
- If you begin to show signs or symptoms of Covid-19, you will need to get tested immediately, and contact us if the result is positive.
Classes - Currently not available whilst in tier 3. The below will apply when we are in teir 1 or 2.
We will be publishing a reduced timetable of classes shortly.
The procedures are largely the same as for the gym. You’ll need to book all classes by phoning 01773 821676. Please arrive no more than a few minutes before the start of class and wait to be invited in. You’ll sign in at reception and enter the studio by the entrance nearest Reception.
Ideally we would like you to bring your own exercise mats, if not they will be provided and cleaned after use. Equipment must not be shared during classes. A sanitising station will be available in the studio. We would ask you to leave via the door closest to the café.
Maximum class occupancy is 15.
Failure to comply with the guidance
We take our staff and customer safety very seriously. Failure to comply with the guidance will result in:
- Being reminded of the rules and asked to adhere to them
- Being asked to leave the facility
- If you continue to fail to comply on a further visit, your membership will be terminated and a refund will not be offered.
We, like many other small businesses, are working hard to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. We need your help to do this. Please talk, e-mail or phone us if you think something’s not quite right or you’d like to suggest an improvement.
We are keen to get our business back up and running, so we’d ask you not to share anything negative on social media, until we’ve had chance to look at it. We are not experts at this, and have interpreted the guidance to the best of our ability to mitigate the risks.
We hope you’ll have a positive (if not slightly different) experience, and would appreciate you sharing this via social media, so that we can increase customer confidence.